Boston Matthews Extrusion Machinery has been specifically designed to meet the exacting demands of today’s global market. All machines are designed using the latest 3D Parametric Computer Design Technology together with Polymer Flow Simulation Software incorporate the very latest technologies to ensure maximum performance and efficiency is achieved.
With over 35,000 machines in daily operation in more than 70 countries worldwide, Boston Matthews remains at the forefront of the extrusion industry.
Boston Matthews continue to develop and incorporate the latest technologies into their entire range of equipment to allow the user to improve output quality and capacity whilst making substantial cost savings through maximizing efficiency in all areas:
- AC Extruders : Boston Matthews Extruders are fitted with the latest AC Vector Technology as standard for precision speed holding and maximum efficiency. AC motors are considerably more energy efficient than the DC alternatives.
- Direct-Drive Technology : All Boston Matthews Extruders and Co-Extruders are fitted with Direct-Drive Motor to Gearbox Technology. Maximum power transmission is achieved whilst ensuring greater accuracy and eliminating the need for a belt and pulley arrangement. A Belt and Pulley arrangement used by some alternative extruder manufacturers will stretch and therefore result in slippage causing wasted energy and inaccuracy.
- ACCUTROL Temperature Control System : Innovative design of the barrel heating and cooling used by Boston Matthews ensures only the minimum amount of energy is used to achieve fast and accurate temperature holding. Temperature heating and cooling zones do not work in isolation to one another eliminating any conflict and potential energy waste.
- Screw Design : Boston Matthews has over 50 years processing and screw design experience which maximizes the efficiency of throughput and greatly reducing the amount of heat required from the barrel heating system. This is also reduces the risk of polymer degradation and potential scrap level
- AC Vector Caterpillar Take-Off's : Boston Matthews are the originators of the Caterpillar Take-Off and the world’s leading manufacturer. Today, Boston Matthews Caterpillar Take-Off incorporate the latest AC Flux Vector Technology for precise speed holding. AC Technology is not only more energy efficient but with more precise speed holding less scrap and off-spec material waste is generated. The performance of the Caterpillar Haul-Off is critical to the overall accuracy of the entire extrusion line and should not be understated.
- Close Tolerance Accurate Cutting : Servo Technology enables a higher level of cutting accuracy to be achieved. This reduces the amount of scrap material produced and therefore in turn reduces the amount of compound material required – a further use of machine energy. The elimination of any secondary cut operation to achieve the required cut lengths further reduces the need of any additional energy consuming machinery.
The combination of the above features should yield and an estimated energy saving of between 5 – 10%.